Canada 150 Recipes with Harvest Grove Outdoor Kitchen Kits
July 11, 2017
This July 1st is a big day in Canadian history as it marks 150 years of Canadian independence. With such a big day coming up, everyone is in a festive mood and are planning their Canada Day celebrations. Here are some of our recipe ideas that can you use to spice up your own celebration with some outdoor cooking perfect for a backyard Canada Day party.
BACON-WRAPPED STEAK POPPERS
Start your Canada Day party with a bang by barbequing up some delicious creamy and spicy Bacon-Wrapped Steak Poppers. These easy-to-prepare and even easier to eat appetizers are a sure-fire way to get any celebration going. To make this appetizer, simply put a dollop of cream cheese on each bite-sized piece of steak, add a strip of jalapeno and wrap it all in a strip of maple bacon. Hold each popper together with a toothpick and throw them all onto your Harvest Grove BBQ Grill at 450-500F degrees, and grill until the bacon is crispy. You will need to prepare:
- 1lb. Sirloin steak cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pack of thick-cut maple bacon strips cut in half
- Jalapenos cut into small, bite sized strips
- Cream cheese
PRAIRIE LOVERS PIZZA
Appetizers are great to get any party going, but the main course is always the real show stopper, and nothing does so quite like a perfectly-baked wood fire pizza. So, light up your Harvest Grove Pizza Oven and celebrate Canada’s midlands with the Prairie Lovers Pizza! Here is the list of toppings you will need to have on hand:
- BBQ sauce
- Farmer sausage
- Caramelized onions
- Portabella mushrooms
- Mozzarella cheese
To make the dough for your pizza here is the list of ingredients you will need, and the mixing instructions:
- 7 cups strong white bread flour
- 1 level tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packets active dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- Sift the flours and salt onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle.
- In a large measuring cup, mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into the water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well.
- Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid. Keep mixing, drawing larger amounts of flour in, and when it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean, flour-dusted hands.
- Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough.
- Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and flour the top of it. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for about 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Now remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out with your hands – this is called punching down the dough.
- Divide the dough up into as many little balls as you want to make pizzas – this amount of dough is enough to make about six to eight medium pizzas.
- Once the dough is done, roll or throw each ball into a thin disk. Put a layer of your favourite BBQ sauce on each dough, and then add a layer of caramelized onions onto the pizza. Continue by adding the Farmer sausage and the mushrooms. Add a large handful of grated mozzarella cheese, an throw it into the oven.
Cooking Time: 8-12 minutes. Cook until the bottom is golden brown.
RYE AND GINGER TWIST
While waiting for your pizza to cook, sit back and enjoy the weather with friends and family while sipping on this classic summer cocktail with a Canadian twist! Pour two ounces of Canadian rye whiskey into a highball glass filled with ice. Top the glass off with ginger ale, and finish it off with a dash of Canadian maple syrup. Stir well and enjoy!
- 2oz Canadian rye Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Canadian maple syrup
- Ginger ale
OH CANADA S’MORES
Now that the meal is done and everyone is sitting around the firepit waiting for the fireworks, it’s time for some desert. Queue the Oh Canada S’mores! This delicious twist of the campfire classic will be sure to get the patriotic spirit going in your backyard. To make this red and white gooey delight, sandwich a toasted marshmallow between two thinly sliced strawberries and then between two graham crackers and a piece of white chocolate. Wait just long enough for the white chocolate to begin to melt and dig in! Each S’more will need:
- 2 Graham crackers
- 1 marshmallow
- 2 strawberry slices
- 1 piece of white chocolate
You can find all these recipes in this handy Harvest Grove Recipe Book. We hope that these four recipes will make your Canada Day party a success, and will allow you to celebrate this amazing country we call home, and the people you hold dear. On this special day, enjoy good food, friends and family and from all of us at Barkman Concrete we wish you a happy Canada Day!