Maintenance Mechanic – Steinbach
With world-class equipment and manufacturing capabilities, Barkman offers the mechanical minded a rewarding work environment where you are part of a large family-like team that prides itself on teamwork, ingenuity and quality workmanship. It is an environment that cultivates learning, mentoring, and enjoying our workday together.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. Since 1948, Barkman has sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovative products. We currently have an opportunity for an individual to join our Maintenance team in Steinbach, MB as a Maintenance Mechanic.
To be successful in this role you will have:
People Skills: You will have a positive attitude, willingness to help co-workers complete tasks, be punctual with a commitment to good attendance and the ability to work with others to problem-solve.
Focus on Quality: You will have an eye for detail and take pride in your workmanship. Barkman takes pride in what we do therefore, a high level of commitment and a can-do attitude towards quality is a vital requirement for this role.
Capacity: You will understand the importance of time management and work ethic towards getting tasks completed to meet maintenance requirements with high-quality standards.
The Maintenance team at Barkman is vital to the company’s success.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment and buildings
- Ensuring that safety policies, quality standards and standard operating procedures are followed
- Determining the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production
- Maintaining quality workmanship for optimal machine performance and production capabilities
- Providing superior internal customer service
Successful candidates will have:
- An Industrial Maintenance background in a manufacturing environment, minimum 5 years experience (troubleshooting and repairing pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical equipment)
- Interest in challenging the Millwright Exam or currently in Level 3 or 4 of the Apprenticeship program
- Additional certification or interest in obtaining a 5th Class Power Engineer or higher is considered a strong asset (Barkman’s education support program would pay for course costs of Millwright or 5th Class Power Engineer)
- Welding experience is an asset
- Experience with tools normally found in a maintenance shop
- Basic building maintenance experience such as plumbing, structure repairs, office or equipment installations, air systems, etc.
- Ability to understand blueprints and problem solve using equipment manuals and the internet
- Good verbal and written communication skills for completing records, interacting with machine operators to diagnose issues and coordinating with other maintenance staff
- Positive attitude, be self-motivated with an interest in continual learning/training
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable with varying day to day assignments along with creative and innovative problem-solving skills
This position is on a scheduled rotation, three weeks day shift including one-week Tuesday to Saturday day shift and one-week evening shift.
Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan, product discounts and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com