Motivated, effective communicator, commitment to quality and a desire to grow with a leading company - if you possess these traits barkman is looking for you!
Barkman Concrete Ltd., a leading manufacturer of precast concrete products for residential, commercial, agricultural and municipal applications, requires a Sales Assistant to join our Winnipeg team.
As the Sales Assistant role has the opportunity for career advancement we are looking for a candidate with the skills and ambition to move forward through the organization. This position offers full-time hours with a compensation structure that allows you to have a primary focus on the customer and building business relationships rather than a commission based competitive atmosphere. The Sales team at Barkman is committed to teamwork, having fun and working hard to meet our customer’s expectations.
In this role, you would assist the Sales team with:
- Customer inquiries and communicating with our dealers and contractors
- Implementing sales and marketing strategies
- Setting up displays, marketing materials and participating with customer events
- Providing customer service and assistance with choosing product, delivery arrangements, and payment
- Estimating materials from drawings and entering orders into computer system
- Business administration tasks as required by the Sales and Office team
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- A reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (travel around Winnipeg is required, will receive a mileage rate when using vehicle for company business)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer and keyboarding skills including experience with Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and data entry
- High attention to detail and organization for accurate order entry and tracking
- The capability of occasionally performing heavy physical exertion tasks such as transferring product for displays or assisting “walk-in” customers
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Education and/or experience in sales and marketing
- Education and/or experience in customer service and business administration
- Mathematical abilities (basic algebra and geometry.)
- Knowledge of pre-cast concrete landscaping products is considered an asset
Barkman Concrete offers you a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, group insurance and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Please submit your resume by February 17, 2017.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person: Attention Human Resources
Barkman Winnipeg Office, 901 Gateway Road, Winnipeg MB.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Barkman Concrete, a leading manufacturer of precast concrete products, currently has several full-time job opportunities in our Winnipeg Plant on Gateway Road. Our Winnipeg plant focuses on Large Wet Cast products such as steps for residential buildings, hydro bases and barrier curbs, among other products.
Experience with concrete work, rebar cutting and bending, trowelling, hand tools, basic computer skills and completing paperwork is an asset. Previous experience operating an overhead crane and forklift is also an asset but not a requirement for applying as we do in-house training. Work requires manual physical labour such as lifting, bending, standing/walking on concrete floors, etc. Most of our products are produced in a team environment so problem solving together, communication and a willingness to learn are key.
Ability to work extended shifts (overtime) on to meet business demand during the peak season an asset. This may include Saturdays.
As a medium size employer, Barkman offers you a work environment where your opinion and contributions are an integral part to our success. Barkman offers you a deferred profit sharing plan, group insurance and education subsidies.
Wages will be dependent on skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
We will be interviewing and hiring as applications are received. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.